So sometimes I have writers block, and sometimes I have nothing of any use to say…..wait that’s most of the time. So I figured this would A. Give everyone some insight to who I am, and what this “reel lady” is all about. B. Keep me from getting TOO brain blocked, and start shamefully lagging behind on my blogging. So if you are out there reading this stuff leave me some comments, and if you want join in on the fun. I found it over at Hydrantgirl and her Firefighter: 30 Day Challenge.
Today’s challenge includes a picture ^^^^. Introduce yourself, which I’m about to, and 15 things about ME!
I’m Glynn. I’m a recent college grad (almost a year ago to be technical). A newly married bride, to my sweet Firefightin man. I work in the mental health field. Every day brings new things in my job, and it’s very interesting. I’m an avid hunter, fisherwoman, and outdoorswoman. I basically love the outdoors and being in them. I’m somewhat of a walking contradiction, but it works for me.
1. This will be the most random of all. I have one leg that is shorter than the other. It happened via an accident when I was a kid. If anyone besides my sweet cousins (Lame Adventures Blog)can guess how it happened I’ll blog about your blog sometime this week. I don’t have anything super neat to give away.
2. Okay I’m a tomboy (seriously I wear a baseball hat 50% of the time if I can get away with it, hence the photo), but I LOVE LOVE LOVE big huge gigantic turquoise and other stone necklaces. I swear they give me headaches, but they are a weakness. If it’s huge, chunky, brightly colored, adorned with crystals, and weighs approx 10lbs. I will buy it and wear it.
3. I dislike with a fiery passion – shopping at the grocery store and walmart. Too many people in one small space, and the lines are horrendous.
4. I have a plant in my office that I “water” with water, gatorade, and the ocassional Dr. Pepper. It is thriving and fabulous, however my plant at my house is doing horrible. I water the plant at my house with WATER and that’s it. It’s pretty well dead. I do not have green a thumb.
5. While I am a self proclaimed outdoorswoman, I hate the dark. Walking to or from the deer stand in the dark KILLS me. I can’t see in the dark very well, so it bothers me. The sweet Hubs can supposedly “see better with no flashlight.” So we have a battle about if I can use the flashlight or not while we are walking to and from the stand when it’s dark.
6. Whistling is a pet peeve of mine. I cannot stand it when others whistle. I however cannot whistle myself, so I think it’s a subconscious jealousy of mine.
7. While the name of my blog is directly related to fishing, not everything I post here or have posted relates to fishing and hunting. I’m a complex gal, ask my poor but sweet Husband, who has purchased me everything from a super fancy car alarm (to protect my trap gun while traveling and shooting), to a fishing pole, to diamond earrings for gifts. I keep him throughly confused about if I’m more of a girl or more of a tom boy. It keeps life interesting.
8. I LOVE photography. Seriously it’s a huge passion of mine. I am sorely disappointed that I can’t lug my DSLR out into the woods and take photos with it from the stand. However it makes *loud* whirs and clicks, that you can’t shut off.
9. I have grown up in the rolling red dirt hills (shout out if you haven’t seen red dirt, contact me I can take photos or even MAIL you some. I only say this because I’ve had turkey hunters out before who bottled it up and took it home :) ), but I LOVE the coast. I seriously feel like I should have been born a little closer to the ocean. Then I remember my painfully pale skin, and realize that God had other intentions. Like me not looking like a lobster permanently.
10. I am OBSESSED with Swamp People (on the History Channel). I feel like had I grown up there well I’d be a rock awesome gator hunter of course, but I’d surely need something bigger than a .22 to get the job done. Well I might not I am a crack shot you know, but I’m a scaredy cat too!
11. I am a very avid cook. I love trying new things in the kitchen, but I’m a very picky eater. I don’t eat fish or venison (someone’s gonna flame me for that I have a feeling, but I can explain….I’ll save it for it’s own blog post). I need an outdoorswoman cookbook, so I can learn to cook all the awesome stuff we have in our freezer.
12. I had nightmares about the SAW movie….As an adult. Since then I haven’t seen another. That little white mask with the “rosy red cheeks” creeps me OUT!
13. Once in my life I was a cheerleader. If you know me you know how hard this is to believe, but it’s true.
14. I want to meet the person who leaves the phone book on my door step. I’m crazy I know, but I really just want to see if it’s a phone book elf or what. :)
15. I learned how to fish a little over 4 years ago. I had fished a few times before, but The Hubs got me into fishing early in our dating life, and I LOVE it. I got *hooked,* and he wasn’t expecting it.